Friday, June 10, 2011

NO FUN!!!!

     For those of you who don’t know Tim and I are trying to have another baby. And after four years of trying and 2 very painful miscarriages we have had no luck. When we moved we decided that it was time for us to get some help. So we made our appointment with Dr. Karl Hansen at OU Physicians Reproductive Health. I am just going to say that that was the smartest thing that we have ever done.
     From our first appointment it has been nothing but results. The first thing that they did was do some blood tests. When the results first came back, I had not ovulated so I had to go back a week later and do it again. Those results showed that I still had not ovulated. Just in case you didn’t know, if you don’t ovulate then you do not have a period. So for seven days I had to take Medroxyprogesterone. Eight days after I took the last pill AF arrived. The day after my period ended I was scheduled for a HSG. A HSG is an procedure where a iodine die is put into your uterus and then x-rays are taken as the die works through your tubes. This is so that the doctor can actually see if something is wrong with your uterus or if your tubes are blocked.
     So….this procedure is NOT fun. I tried to be prepared…I did….I read all sorts of articles about a HSG but not one of them said anything about a shot. Not a normal shot…..they shot my cervix with some sort of novocain!!! OWWWWW!!!!! That was really the only thing that hurt, everything else was pretty much  uncomfortable. So, after that torture was done I actually got to see the results. My uterus is perfect and my tubes are clear. YEAH!!!! Now we just have to wait for the 20th for our next appointment to see where we go from here. I am really excited. Hopeful and excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment